Friday, April 25, 2014

Honey Nut Crescent Rolls

For several years I have been tearing recipes out of magazines thinking that I will make them someday.  I found this in my recipe folder and it is dated 2005.  Yes, you read that right 2005!  I am proud of myself for making a recipe that I held onto for 9 years!!!!  That is older than my kids!  Anyways... I made these for Easter dinner and they were yummy.  I am not going to lie, they were a little on the sweet side and I don't think that I could eat these very often, but they were a great treat.  I actually cut the amount of filling in half from the original recipe (from Food and Family Winter 2005) because I thought they would be too rich and I was right!  

Ingredients:
  • 2 Packages Refrigerated Crescent Roll Dough
  • 4 oz of Cream Cheese- softened
  • 3 Tablespoons of Honey-divided
  • 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
  • Ground Cinnamon
Makes 16 Rolls

Preheat oven to 375.  Using a mixer, combine cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of honey.  Then stir in sliced almonds.  
Unroll crescent dough into the already perforated triangles.  Place 1/2 tablespoon of cream cheese/honey mixture near the long end of the dough.  Then roll it to the opposite point.  Place on ungreased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with parchment paper, sprinkle with cinnamon, and bake for 12-14 minutes.  Drizzle with remaining honey and serve warm.
 

Follow the Magical Moms on Facebook and Pinterest for weekly menu ideas, crafts, and Disney Magic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment