Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pretty Pretty Pumpkins

Every year we carve pumpkins.  My husband HATES to clean out the guts of the pumpkin.  I on the other hand love to pretend to eat it and try to feed giant spoonfuls of it to my kids.  Some times they run from it and others they pretend to eat it!  Either way we have fun doing it.  This year I decided I was going to invest in some fake pumpkins from the craft store so that we can enjoy them longer.  Plus real pumpkins have become very expensive.

Materials Needed:
  • Pumpkin
  • Pencil
  • Puffy Paint
I am not the neatest crafter so I also used a wet paper towel to wipe away any mistakes and a toothpick to shape a couple of dots.  

When I sat down to work on these pumpkins I thought I was going to free hand the dots, well I was wrong.  So I got a pencil and lightly sketched a picture.  It isn't perfect, but I think it turned out really cute!  On one of the pumpkins I did a swirly design, an other I wrote BOO, and on the large one I put our initial.



No comments:

Post a Comment