Thursday, September 26, 2013

Cowboy Breakfast Casserole

If you want more magical mom stuff, please like us on Facebook here!

I love having easy breakfast options for everyone in the fridge. I prefer a hot breakfast instead of cold cereal. But it's just too expensive to buy those frozen breakfast options, so I prefer to make something up ahead of time and just keep in the fridge so we can just heat up a portion throughout the week. And this breakfast certainly satisfies that! You could make it if you were hosting a large breakfast or brunch, but I like to keep it all to myself and eat for a week on it!

Ingredients:
Bag of frozen Potatoes O'brien (frozen hash browns with onions and potatoes already in it)
1/2 lb. sausage, browned and crumbled
1/4 cup diced sweet onion
1.5 cups heavy cream
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. After browning your sausage, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray. Place mixture in a casserole dish and cook for 50-60 minutes.

Like I said, I make this ahead of time to serve throughout the week, so I let it cool on the stovetop, then stick a lid on it and place in the fridge. Then I heat up single servings in the microwave and serve with a little hot sauce. So good!

1 comment: