Monday, September 30, 2013

Chicken Saltimboca

                  If you want more magical mom stuff, please like us on Facebook here!


A few weeks ago I was watching The Chew and they were having a cook off between 3 audience members and one of them made this dish (or very similar).  When it was on I wrote it down but do you think I saved it HA! Nope!  I remember saying to myself "that is so easy, I can just remember that."  So I created this from memory and even if it wasn't the exact same, it was still delicious.  
Ingredients:
  • 4 Small Boneless Chicken Breasts
  • Black Pepper
  • 4 Thin Slices of Provolone
  • 4 Slices of Prosciutto
  • 4 Sage Leaves
  • 3/4 Cup of White Wine
  • 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
Serves 4

Preheat oven to 375.  Place piece of provolone on each piece of chicken.  Top cheese with 1 sage leaf and then tightly wrap the whole piece of chicken with a slice of prosciutto and place it in a glass baking dish.

 Next pour the white wine and chicken broth in the bottom of the dish.  Sprinkle with pepper.  Bake for 25 minutes or until prosciutto gets crispy.

I served this Mushroom Risotto and Oven Roasted Asparagus
Follow the Magical Moms on Facebook and Pinterest for weekly menu ideas, crafts, and Disney Magic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment