Sunday, June 9, 2013

{Tracy's} Grandma's Apple Squares

This is a recipe that I have been eating for as long as I can remember, but it wasn't until a couple years ago I started making it myself.  Okay, well maybe "I" haven't been making it even now.  My husband, Scott, enjoys making this.  I didn't even make it this time, I even put him in charge of taking the pictures.  When he said he would make the apple squares, I am pretty sure he had no idea I was going to blog about it.  I very casually set the camera down next to the ingredients and kept on walking.  I could barely keep a straight face while I did it.  I love to get out the recipe card that my grandma mailed to me over ten years ago, it makes me think of going to her house to visit.  I love to serve this to other people because they always ask me for the recipe and I love to share my grandmother's recipes with them.  

Ingredients:
  • 2 Sticks of Butter or Margarine
  • 1 1/4 Cups of Sugar
  • 2 Cups of Flour
  • 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
  • 1 Can of Apple Pie Filling 
  • Powdered Sugar for Dusting
With a mixer, cream together sugar and butter.  Add in flour and vanilla blend well.
 Pour 3/4 of the mixture into an ungreased 9x13 glass baking dish.  Cover with pie filling.  Drop small mounds of the remaining batter over pie filling.  Bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
 Dust with powdered sugar while it it still warm.
Let them cool, and cut into squares.  Make sure you get your hands on one soon or they will be gone!  YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment