Monday, May 13, 2013

Pan Fried Potatoes

Potatoes AGAIN!  Yes, because I have accepted the challenge to see how many different ways I can make them.  With all the different varieties and various ways to cook them I am sure I will never get bored!  Hopefully my family doesn't either;)  I am always looking for suggestions, let me know if you have any recipes to share!

Ingredients:
  • 4 Idaho Potatoes
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 1 teaspoon of Minced Garlic
  • Salt and Pepper
  • A Large Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
In a small bowl combine spices (except minced garlic).  This makes it easier to more evenly distribute the spices over the potatoes.  Cut potatoes into bite size cubes.
Heat oil in skillet.  Add in minced garlic.  Dump potatoes in, add butter, and sprinkle on spices.  Mix potatoes with oil and garlic as the butter melts.  Cook on med-high heat for about 5 minutes stirring often.  Cover and cook about 10 minutes.  Stir potatoes every couple minutes to get them crispy on all sides.
 I served with Steak on a Stick and Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms.
This recipe was featured on our 30 Days of Dinners June Menu, Make sure to check out all of the other great recipes on this month's menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment