Friday, May 31, 2013

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Milkshake

I love to surprise the kids with a treat after school.  Since I knew Evan would come home from school hot and exhausted because today was his field day and it was 90 degrees outside I thought he deserved a milkshake.  We picked berries a few days ago at Wegmeyer Farms and stuck some in the freezer for occasions just like this.  The frozen strawberries make the milkshake nice and cold.  

Ingredients:
  • Strawberries 
  • Cocoa Powder
  • Hershey's Syrup
  • Vanilla Ice Cream
  • Whipped Cream
I used my Nutribullet, I know that making milkshakes is not its intended purpose but it is easy to use and easy to clean, not to mention just the right size to make a couple of milkshakes for the kiddos.  
I cut the stems off the strawberries and filled the small cup about 2/3 of the way, added 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream, a teaspoon of Hershey's Cocoa Powder and blended until smooth.  I drizzled a little Hershey's Syrup in the glass, poured in the milkshake and added a dollop of whipped cream.  I did convince them to share a little bit with me!!  I am one lucky mom!

This recipe was featured on the Magical Moms' July Menu.  Be sure to check out all of our monthly menus


Lots of AMAZING recipes on the Magical Moms' June MenuMarvelous May MenuAppetizing April Menu, and March Madness Menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment