Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Disney's 50's Prime Time Cafe Pot Roast

In our multiple trips to Disney World we have discovered some great places to eat.  The 50's Prime Time Cafe is located inside of Disney's Hollywood Studios.  This table service restaurant is a great place to get a good comfort food meal.  I did a little research online and found the recipe to my favorite dish, the pot roast,  at allears.net.  I changed it slightly- I don't add the garlic.  The original recipe can be found here.  I have made this recipe several times to bring to friends who have just had a baby or feeling under the weather.  I often make two at a time because it freezes very well.  

Ingredients:
  • 4-5 lb Top or Bottom Round Roast
  • 1/2 Onion
  • 5-6 Cups Beef Broth (I use Better than Bouillon Beef Base and followed directions on jar)
  • 6-8 Carrots
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • Celery
Preheat oven to 350.  Heat Olive Oil in skillet.  Brown roast on all sides and place meat in roasting pan.
.
Add veggies and lightly saute.  Pour veggies on top of roast
Use the Bouillon to make a broth.
                                      
Pour beef broth over veggies and meat.  
                                      
  • Bake for about 35 minutes per pound
    I serve this with mashed potatoes.  Sometimes I even make gravy with the juices left in the roaster.  To make the gravy I take 2 cups of the juices and heat in small sauce pan on stove.  I whisk in about a tablespoon of cornstarch and bring to a simmer to thicken.  

    This recipe was featured on our 30 Days of Dinners June Menu, Make sure to check out all of the other great recipes on this month's menu!


No comments:

Post a Comment