Friday, April 12, 2013

Deep Dish Portabello {Pizza}

Pizza is a favorite at our house.  I try to only order pizza delivery when I am really in a pinch.  Traditional deep dish pizza is loaded with fat and calories.  By using a mushroom as the crust you eliminate a lot of the calories but still get your pizza fix.  To keep this even healthier I suggest only filling it with veggies, but you could also add in turkey pepperoni or sausage.  I like to cook mine on the grill but this can easily be cooked in the oven.  My favorite part of the pizza is the toppings so eating this makes me very happy!
Ingredients:
  • Large Portabello Mushrooms
  • Pizza Sauce (I use my homemade marinara sauce)
  • Tomatoes
  • Sauteed Onions
  • Fresh Spinach
  • Mozzarella
  • Peppers
  • Any of you favorite pizza toppings
Make sure all veggies are clean.  To fit more toppings in your mushroom you can remove the stem or just leave it there.  Put a layer of sauce on mushroom and then pile on the toppings saving the cheese for last or next to last.  Grill for 10-15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment