Friday, March 22, 2013

Peanut Butter Pie


This is something that my Grandma Miller made EVERY time we came to visit.  We only visited a couple times a year, but I could eat this all the time.  We would normally just stay for the weekend which required my mom, sister, and myself to eat this entire pie very quickly.  Trust me...we didn't mind.  My grandmother would always tell me how easy it was to make and tell me I should make it at home. It wasn't until I was married that I even attempted it.  She was right it is extremely easy! The recipe card that I have is hand written by my grandmother and is dated November 2003 which is just one month after Scott and I got married.  I have made this MANY times since.
Ingredients:
  • 2 Cups of Cool Whip plus 1 cup for topping
  • 1/2 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
  • Chopped  Peanuts (optional)
  • 2 Tablespoons of Milk
  • Graham Cracker Crust
  • 6 oz of cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  Beat cream cheese and peanut butter together, add in milk and powdered sugar mix.
Next add in Cool Whip, mix on low.
Place mixture in graham cracker crust
 Top with additional Cool Whip and chopped peanuts. Refrigerate for at least about an hour.  The waiting for dessert time is the hardest for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment