Sunday, March 24, 2013

Henderson Hummus




Who would have known that such a delicious dip was so good for you? I only discovered hummus and it's deliciousness a few years ago, to be honest. And like anything I try in a restaurant or "store-bought," I of course went home and tried to make my own, better version of it. I have tried several different recipes and have taken bits and pieces from my favorites to come up with what I call Henderson Hummus.

Ingredients:

  • 1 can garbanzo beans
  • 1/4 cup tahini sauce
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1/4 cup good olive oil (I like to use some that my mother-in-law bought for me in Italy)
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
  • 1/4 cup vegetable of your choice- cucumbers, sun-dried tomatoes, red bell peppers, carrot, etc. I used cucumber today.
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • dashes of salt and pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. pickle or olive juice
  • You can also add toasted pine nuts, minced garlic, tomatoes or cilantro as a garnish.



Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender. I like to chill mine for a few minutes, then serve with pita chips.



This recipe was served with our Mediterranean Chicken Kabob Platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment