Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tic-Tac-Hearts

I feel like I just got all of my Christmas decorations put away and now its time to put out Valentine's decorations. I am glad, because my front door was looking a little bare. The conversation heart wall hanging (see earlier post) was my first creation for this year. When I told my 3-year old that we were going to put up our Valentine's decorations he immediately started singing "Jingle Bells." He makes me laugh!

My guys love to play Tic-Tac-Toe so I decided to make a heart inspired version. I used a white picture frame, white thread, and one piece each of white, pink, red and black felt.
First I cut the black felt to fit inside the 8x10 frame. Next I cut 1/2 inch strips of white and machine sewed them onto the black forming the tic-tac-toe board. Next I traced a heart shaped cookie cutter to make the heart game pieces. Then I put the black piece into the frame and we were ready to play! I oldest son informed me that we can't call it tic-tac-toe, we have to call it "tic-tac-hearts."

No comments:

Post a Comment